I would like to see the Flex SDK ...

provide much better HTML integration

Flex integrates very well into HTML, thanks to ExternalInterface and the whole JavaScript bridging thing.
But the other way around is still a big pain and there's no viable option to implement things like a visual HTML email editor or a mini-Word inside a web application. RichTextEditor is just a shame, iFrame-based workaround are not portable, and Webkit integration is only available in AIR. We need to find a way to integrate a real HTML renderer into the Flash plugin with corresponding components in the Flex SDK, even if it means making it possible to install extensions onto the Flash player for applications using HTML rendering.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sebastien.arbogastsebastien.arbogast shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • judahjudah commented  · 

code syntax highlighting, spell checking and copy and paste. just copy fckeditor or xinha editor,
        2. Rich Text Renderer - to display FTML (flash text markup language) or HTML

• judahjudah commented  · 

This should be in the top 3 features for Flex 4 / 4.1. So many developers need this. It is the last piece they need to transition to Flex. A good Rich Text Editor and companion Rich Text Renderer to go with it will allow them to stay with one portable technology.

1. Real Rich Text Editor component in Flex - with support for graphics (inline and text wrap), sub containers, css,

Feedback and Knowledge Base